Code of Conduct
BSides Calgary is dedicated to providing a positive conference experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
We have NO TOLERANCE for physical, verbal, or sexual harassment; intimidation; or marginalization of any human!
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you have any issue or witness any behavior by any participant, staff, or volunteer (of ANY badge type) that is not consistent with our Code of Conduct, please report it to a member of BSides Calgary Staff.
For other non-event related incident concerns, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others
- Behaving professionally
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
While this is not a complete list examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Harassment of conference participants in any form
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Violent threats or language directed against another person
- Sexual language and imagery in any conference venue, including talks
- Insults or put downs
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- Excessive swearing
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Unlawful behavior
- Other conduct that is inappropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds
There are risks involved in any event. By attending BSides Calgary, you assume all risks incidental to the event and release BSides Calgary and its respective staff and affiliates from all claims related to or arising out of the event or your presence at the event.
In other words, you, your heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives, and executors will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of BSides Calgary any BSides Calgary director, officer, or volunteer for injury or damages arising out of or in connection to your participation in this event. Your badge is a revocable license to enter the event. If you do not comply with all applicable policies of the event, we reserve the right, without providing a refund, to refuse entry or eject you.
Policies graciously borrowed from BSidesLV, PyCon, BSidesSF, and BSidesSac.
Acceptable Use of Resources:
Acceptable Use of Resources - Detailed Definitions: